For a quick good time, blankets...

and pillows.

Try them! On the floor, between the speakers and between them and your listening chair.

You may discover your speakers are capable of more than you thought.

Best,

E
erik_squires
@terraplane8bob,
Interesting! Any chance you can recall the size of the room, and any treatments?

Thank you,
Tom
Interesting thread. Will the blankets stop "slap echo?" Moved into a new home in AZ.  Unfortunately, my listening room is 16' by 16' square, 9 foot ceiling, wall to wall carpet, some drapes. Seems like the slap echo problem is somewhere near  the ceiling edges. I think.....
I forgot to mention my biggest nemesis:

The Coffee Table

I can't really live without one, but when I remember to remove it things get much better.

@mr_m

Well, again, blankets were just a suggestion for skeptics and the inexperienced to learn about room acoustics experimentally. It's not actually THE recommended solution. However, I can see if you are into quilts or museum quality tapestries it might be! :)

For detailed help, and a range of products, contact GIK Acoustics. Great prices, advice and really effective and attractive tools.

Best,

E
Yes, the coffee table!
I got rid of mine, and it helped, a lot.
But, mine is a dedicated room. Easy to ditch something pretty when WAF doesn't come into play...

Tom