I'll Take "Songs About People" for $200

Truth be told there really was no Maybellene, but Chuck made her sound like a real person when she started doing the things she used to do.  And there was also no Layla, but there clearly was Patty Harrison with the name changed to protect the innocent.  Was there a ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann or even a Caroline to say no to?  I don't know, but I do know that there was a real Prudence of Beatles fame.  And there really was an Elizabeth Reed.  So my question is, what are other songs that feature the name of a person in its lyrics are actually about real people?
128x128onhwy61
As our foremost rock historian, bdp24 is of course correct about "Barbara Ann." As is Tostadosunidos. As described in the following reference, it was written by Fred Fassert and recorded by The Regents, to which he belonged, in 1958. Although it was not released until 1961, when it became a modest hit. The Beach Boys cover of the song was released four years later.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1449809/bio

As mentioned in the reference, the song was named after Fassert’s baby sister. Which brings to mind another song that was also recorded in 1958 and that I recall was also named after a baby sister, "Susie Darlin’" by Robin Luke (eventually to become Professor Robin Luke, Ph.D.). As I recall the story he named his composition thusly to eliminate the possibility that the girls he was pursuing at the time would suspect the song was named after a rival :-)

Regards,
-- Al

"You talk about people
That you don't know
You talk about people
Wherever you go

You just talk
Talk too much

You talk about people
That you've never seen
You talk about people
You can make me scream

You just talk
you talk too much"

[Instrumental Interlude]

;)
Natalie Merchant’s "River" is about River Phoenix. His name is only in the song title however.
Barbara Ann Feldon is not "Barbara Ann"?  Her birth name was Barbara Ann Hall.  Are you also saying she wasn't the original inspiration for Annie Hall?  Next thing you'll say is that she didn't win the grand prize in 1957 "The $64,000 Question".

PRINT THE LEGEND!

Back to non-alternative facts, there really was a Stagolee (Stack O'Lee, Stagger Lee, etc.)