KT88 tubes for Monos

Hi,
I have a set of Ayon Audio mono's that use KT88 tubes.  Over time I've purchased their importers version of the KT88's that are 200 bucks a pop.  Can I use a different tube?  I think I'm paying premium cash for the Ayon name on the tube.

Thanks.
jbbikerider
That blue DOES look mighty cool. By the way, I just started playing with a couple of guys (guitar and bass) who, though not audiophiles, know all about Telefunken and Bugle Boys, using them in their Fender amps, both vintage and new. They even know about smooth plate versus ribbed!
I just put a pair of Gold Lion  KT88 reissues in each of my Quicksilver Mid Monos ......  I was using KT66 but they had some hours on them,  great tube but I wanted to try KT88s.  

Stock they came with EL34 which even in stock form they sound great.   In past I had amps that were only EL34 or 6L6 , never an amp that could take a number of different tubes...   

The GL KT88s make my Revel M106 sound huge, with great top to bottom balance.   The bass is tight with excellent definition,  awesome midrange and smooth extended highs.   Bias is rock solid since install. Expensive but worth the dividends in those amps.    
I would second all positive comments about Jim McShane and the Gold Lion KT-88s. There are some dandy Chinese tubes (top-grade PSVanes & ShuGuangs) that may have a better sound but longevity remains an issue with Asian issues.
The Chinese Treasure’s are clearly a step above the very good Gold Lions. I have replace all my fine NOS KT88’s, 6SN7’s, and EL84’s with Treasures and found enhancement with all my gear, decidedly so. I am having no longevity issues personally. I forget the price difference between the GL’s and Treasures, but if the coin of the realm is a limitation, the GL’s are fantastic and durable.
If it takes KT150s get the Tungsols from Upscale. I have used KT88, KT120, KT77, 6550, and EL34s in my PL Dialogue Premium and the 150s are great. Balanced and the midrange is sweet, no zingy top end and no bloated bass.