Payment Method Evolution

So I haven't sold equipment for a bit and went to list some cables only to discover that the only payment options now available on A'gon are credit card and Paypal....can this be correct? So, I have a Paypal account, which I rarely use and care very little about, so decided to list the wire and select Paypal as the method of payment. The A'gon system required me to upgrade to a "verified" account which requires me to enter information about my bank account. WTF? I have no interest in sharing this information with Paypal. Can it be true that in order to use A'gon I now need to jump through these invasive hoops? 
dodgealum
@chrshanl37 ,

once you verify paypal account, you can sell here.

my work around for selling here is not to sell here at all and i'm not alone by far. it's pricey to post and prepayment needs to be done as well. after all, audiogon's profiles are not safe due to the amateur and unprofessional development crew.

chrshanl37 what competing site are you using? I've been looking for other alternatives to Agon.
I'm not sure I follow how someone can get your bank info if you are using PayPal through here though. I've never had any problems, but I would like to know how that would work.
Thanks
 Every time you write a check you have given out your bank account info. Your name and usually your address as well as the bank name and your account number is on the check.

I suppose if you don't write checks . . .