Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
@mapman

Thanks for your observations. I've never been drawn to McIntosh, so I never end up listening to them for long. :)

Best,

E
D Sonic has an amp that uses the M-Pro2 boards, not on the website you have to contact Dennis
Ok so I am way too lazy to read ALL of the posts in here but scanned through a few.
I was probably in the group pf class d naysayers due to a bad experience a few years back with a pair of bel canto 500m monoblocks that were basically, well soulless, inert, etc etc.
Now after a very positive upgrade of my ht rig from a pair of emotiva space heaters to a single nuforce class d i am ready to be convinced.

so any sensible recommendations to audition for my system which I have to say i am very happy with right now but i am always open minded.

present is esoterIc sa-50, ARC LS2 pre, b&w 804d and BAT VK600SE.

BUDGET would be max $5k for amp

thank you

I hear the new Peachtree Novas have done a good job. I'd be curious how they sound
@uberwaltz..... try a Red Dragon S500. I've had mine for nearly a year, and have no itch to go back to SET or any other tubed or SS amps. There's one listed in us audio mart. No affiliation.

Put a tube preamp in front of it, and off you go. 6Moons favorably compared it to $8k Luxman class A monoblocks.

Bottom line is it will sound like what's in front of it, it is so transparent, imo!