Optimal Vandersteen 2Wq settings

I have a pair of 2Wq subs I am trying before I buy (chances are more than good that I will).
I have trawled posts here and elsewhere and would appreciate some help.

NB- my evaluation is somewhat flawed as my Cary DAC is in for repairs and I am using a USB DAC similar to an older Audioquest Dragonfly (Prodigy D2A which never made it to market). Less gain, sound a little recessed and flat and harsh on the tops for my liking. The implementation does give it more body than I recall it ever having and I can definitely hear my Eminent Technology LFT8b speakers singing more freely, with more gain.

Still fiddling with dip switches and not sure if 50k or 33k works best (with polarity reversed).
Q is at its lowest, db about the same as my speakers (84).
Not sure what changes to these settings do.
My Hypex Ncore amps have a DM input impedance of 104kohms.
Preamp is a Modwright LS100.

A shortcoming of the LFT8’s is some thinness or lack of body. i would like to know if anyone can advise a setting that may remedy this (without buying speakers or using Jriver's DSP).
128x128adiebear
JohnnyR- "detuned" my tweeters, so some relief there :)
I've not heard a lot of affordable subs (I do not consider Gryphon Pendragon or Acoustic Avantgarde affordable) and have been using an old REL and B&W ASW700, so these are a considerable upgrade.
I imagine they could be clearer still so best I start saving and scouring used sales since all in the know say the M5- HP is worth it.
I may get some fixed value crossovers made up in the meantime as a temporary solution.

If you get the fixed crossovers, you don't need the M5-HP.

For an inexpensive sub, I would get a pair of HSU.
For some reason, I don't seem to be able to PM members. If you are using RCA interconnects, I may be able to loan you a pair of M5-HP crossovers.
Thank you for your very kind offer gdnrbob!
I suspect we are half a world away (I'm in South Africa) so won't take you up on it. I may be tempted never to return them :)
Inexpensive? I am buying the subs for about $2220. They are not new, though seem mint.
The dealer is also asking RV to supply black wood ends so that both are black (one is oak). He has also offered me an interest free payment plan.
Score!
Plus my cat has made her home on top of one, so that's that.
So, I guess these are not sequential pairs.
Richard told me to be wary of buying subs from very different vintages as they may have different sound signatures due to his constant refinement.
Do you have the serial numbers?
Why not send an email to Vandersteen and ask his opinion, also ask about the fixed crossover (or ask your dealer)?
As a gardener, South Africa is a treasure trove of plants I mostly cannot grow (but try nonetheless).
I read that gdnrbob but I can't hear any subwoofers, just music, which is fine by me. Numbers are 16128 and 16236.
If you've been here you know the diversity of flora. I'm in a sub- tropical part and gardening in summer (now) is mostly cutting back, cutting back- especially after good rains following a severe drought.