Mitsubishi DLP problem

If anyone knows what this might be...

I am getting Horizontal lines that run up or down the screen of my Mitsubishi DLP TV. This only happens on any input other than HDMI. With an HDMI source(be it the cable box or dvd player or laptop) the picture is clear. I have tried 3 component sources, 2 dvd player and a cable box, and all display same problem. The effect is similar to a magnetic interference you would get with a tube television if you place something that causes magentic field distortion(unshielded speaker for example).

I suspect the processor or converter or chip or whatever it is called in the DLP tv, is going, or on its way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
128x128audphile1
Count your lucky stars on that one then!lol
I've seen Mitsubishi give customers credit towards another TV. Their customer service is pretty darn good most of the time.

I've also seen a few people that got new light engines and were back in less than 6 months with another failure! Talking about pissed off!! The worst part is their warranty had expired by that time.

In a few cases, the dealer was able to talk Mitsubishi into giving the customer a credit towards another Mits purchase..hopefully not a DLP. This is more than what most TV manufactures will do. Especially on a TV that is several years old and completely out of warranty.

Don't hold your breath on a full credit. They may however give you $500 or so. The highest credit I've seen given to a customer was $800. Still not great for a person that spent $4000 on the TV.lol
I didn't have my Mit big screen too long. Only a month or so. Sent it back and got the Sony instead. had I a room with controlled lighting, and knowing what I know now, I'd have gone with a projector. Period. No question.

Naturally, which ever resolution does more for you... take that option. having it repaired seems the best choice to me, if only a partial refund/rebate is offered.

If ya gotta take the money... for well under $1500 you can go BIG with a PJ + Screen. those DLP projectors work real good. Well, mine does anyways.

I'll keep a good thought for you in all this.
The thing is, I really like this TV. The colors are very natural. The picture doesn't strike you immediately. It's not like the TVs in the store you walk in and get shocked by the colors of the displays, almost cartoon like colors. This TV does have a darn good picture and I've been happy with it. Plus it has a protective glass over screen, which was important to me at the time I bought it...my son was just learning to walk and started to explore things by touching them, so this glass is an excellent feature, although it glares. I am used to it.

I'll update the thread once I know what they will do - fix it ir give me a credit. I bought it at PC Richard, so the credit will be close to the full amount I paid, I think. At least that is what they gave my friend when his Mitsubishi TV that was still under warranty crapped out and they could not repair it. We'll see...
I can dig where you are coming from on that natual color bit. I was always drawn to that myself back when I was in the biz, but many aren't. Just like a hi fi stereo, the louder it can play, and have great extension on top and bottom, the more 'people catching' the thing will do in a store.

Now I'm all cartoony all the time, on my personal preset, and natural for when company arrives. Natural to them, is B&W almost to me.

Keeping fingers crossed for your experience to be most positive.

Merry Xmas too.