Mitsubishi DLP problem

If anyone knows what this might be...

I am getting Horizontal lines that run up or down the screen of my Mitsubishi DLP TV. This only happens on any input other than HDMI. With an HDMI source(be it the cable box or dvd player or laptop) the picture is clear. I have tried 3 component sources, 2 dvd player and a cable box, and all display same problem. The effect is similar to a magnetic interference you would get with a tube television if you place something that causes magentic field distortion(unshielded speaker for example).

I suspect the processor or converter or chip or whatever it is called in the DLP tv, is going, or on its way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
128x128audphile1
thanks for the thoughts.

I have tried different inputs. different cables. Same problem unless I use HDMI then it is OK. There is no ground loop. TV plug is 2 prong. I have tried it direct or into Shunyata Hydra 4 with same results.

I ordered a tech to come over. It was worth to have that extended warranty I never buy but in this case I felt I may need it. Still have little over a year left on it. This was a good timing for this thing to crap out.

I just reaplized that my friend had the same problem whith a 73" Mitsubishi DLP and they ended up giving him a new TV. This was a while ago.
Funny thing is, they don't make the 52" DLP anymore, which is what I have. So if they can't repair this one, I wonder what they will offer.
yes. It is the optical engine....whatever it means. They will take it in for repair after the holidays.