Mogami wire quality?

Say compared to Cardas? 
ptss
@czarivey speaks the truth here. Belden, Canare, Mogami, and I would add Kimber PR series, are all very high-performance for audio, at a reasonable price. They are actually so good that you do not have to lift them off the floor.
It is true that high-end home audio cables are in another league, but not in terms of performance, in terms of budget and non-sense.
No one on earth has proven that super high-end audio cables enhance the performance of a hi-fi system.  The opposite has been proven over and over.
co, according to the physics (Maxwell's Equations), capacitance is the great enemy at line level, while inductance is the enemy for speaker cables (because current is so much higher at the speakers). So low capacitance for tonearm wire and interconnect. That also goes for connectors, and ETI is the best alternative IMO.

Connect the shield to the RCA shell at the amplifier end ONLY. That avoids one source of ground loop.

I always make sure that the tonearm is grounded, so yes, I connect the drain at the tonearm body, and at the preamp ground. Both ends.

I think that your approach is by far the wisest one: use microphone cable and then let another cable prove it's superiority before buying. I have never upgraded from Canare Starquad, and my system is high end.

i use mogami w2497 high end single ended interconnect from amp to preamp. this is mogami’s audiophile interconnect; look it up. it is very quiet and sounds great. plus it’s made in japan, not china or a third world country.
".....Chrisr
187 posts
12-07-2016 2:46pm
"....
No one on earth has proven that super high-end audio cables enhance the performance of a hi-fi system. The opposite has been proven over and over...."

Chris r..... NOT SO. The opposite has indeed been reported as highlighted below. 

http://novo.press/taves-consumer-electronics-show-2014-now-we-have-a-ces-north-part-2-by-george-de-s....

Nordost

I had a chance to sit in on a couple demonstrations in the Nordost room, giving my feet a well deserved break. I’m very familiar with the benefits of high quality cables and use a full Nordost Heimdall 2 loom with my reference two-channel setup. That being said, I always find the Nordost demonstrations to be an “ear-opening” experience. Michael Taylor from Nordost demonstrated the significant sonic benefits of replacing an OEM cable with a Nordost model – in particular 1) a swap of a single USB cable, from OEM to Nordost Blue Heaven ($250/2m), to Heimdall 2 ($500/2m) and; 2) a swap of a single RCA interconnect, from OEM, to Blue Heaven, to Heimdall 2, to Tyr 2 and finally Valhalla 2. Along with convincing the audience in the room that cables DO matter, I’ve now got the bug to upgrade..."

@hdm 
From the Cardas website...
http://www.cardas.com/clear_ic.php

Capacitance reported for Cardas Clear Interconnect 
RCA Capacitance: 16 pf/ft
XLR Capacitance: 8 pf/ft

Measurements for Cardas Clear Speaker Cable
Capacitance: 278 pf/ft
Inductance: .0176 uh/ft