VTL TL7.5 series lll VS VAC Master Line Stage VS AR Ref 6 VS Nagra Classic Preamp

I'm putting up a new thread about some of the best tube preamps out there.
My future system will consist to begin with of a stereo amp or monoblocks, a preamp, a DAC and a separate streamer, later on will come phono stage + turntable.
This system will be driving a pair of Thiel CS 3.7s and a pair of CS 7.2s.
If i don't go the hybrids route with either Ypsilon or Aesthetix i will probably choose d'Agostino amps.
Therefore since i'm using Thiel speakers i would like to have some tubes somewhere in the chain.
With ss amp i would use a tube preamp.
Which of these preamps do you thing will give best results with very good ss amps like the D'agostinos ?
You can suggest other tube preamps if you have other ideas in the same league as these.
Thanks.

128x128thieliste
I'm surprised he was not positive about using different different amps. I don't agree but I'm not him. I expect ARC would say the same thing but ARC preamps are used with many different brands of amps. No different for the Dart. 
As great as the NHB -108 is I'd want more power for your speakers such as the Agostino Classic Stereo or a used Momentum Stereo unit. They are awesome. As always just my opinion. 

what other gear, including cabling, is in your system?
I know that you are enjoying the Krell Phantom- I have read very positive reviews about it!

Happy Listening!
"i am actually considering the Dartzeel NHB-18NS but i was told that the XLR outputs are not at the same level as the single ended ones."

John Atkinson, test of above preamp published in Stereophile:

"Turning to the NHB-18NS’s line-stage performance, I looked first at the balanced input. Measured at the balanced outputs with the input set to "Pro," this gave a maximum gain of 9.3dB. Switching in the –6dB input pad gave 4.85dB. Absolute polarity was preserved, indicating that the XLRs are wired with pin 2 hot. The input impedance was an extremely low 640 ohms, while the output impedance was a high 2500 ohms at low and midrange frequencies, rising to 3080 ohms at 20kHz. The input impedance is too low for many source components to give their best performance, the output impedance a little high for some power amplifiers.
The balanced input’s frequency response didn’t vary with different settings of the volume control, but it did peak by 0.75–1.25dB at 42kHz before precipitously rolling off (fig.3, top pair of traces). The audioband response was flat with the input switch set to "Pro," but with the input set to "–6dB," a –0.75dB trough appeared in the treble (fig.3, lower pair of traces). A glance under the preamp’s cover told me that the balanced input and output appear to be realized with transformers, which are presumably the cause of the response anomalies. Even so, I don’t feel the DarTZeel’s balanced inputs and outputs to be of much practical use, the unbalanced jacks being better behaved."

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/dartzeel-nhb-18ns-preamplifier-measurements#d1Fd12jf0zGKjyAS.99

This confirms what you heard as well as this preamp’s incompatibility with other brands of amps (and sources) using XLR inputs/outputs as stated by the manufacturer.

I would look elsewhere, thieliste.

Dave
jafant my system that I'm very fortunate to have is a Naim server to Bricasti dac, Krell Phantom pre, Momentum s250, Salon 2's, latest Audience Ar6 and Frey2 cables. Power cords are a wild mix of non Nordost.