PSB Gold v PSB silveri

I am wondering if anybody has compared  the PSB Gold verses the PSB silver i and what your observations were.  I have seen it written buy some that they liked the silver better.  Just wondering  thanks
128x128geph0007
I've owned the PSB Stratus Silver i's and I've heard the Gold's, as well.

First, let me preface this by saying that both of these speakers offer outstanding bang for the buck.

The Gold's have a deeper, stronger bass presence than the Silver's.  The Silver's, on the other hand, seemed to have a more delicate midrange, but the Gold's overall have a deeper, fuller presence.

The silver's are also easier for an amp to drive.  According to a friend whose audio opinions I trust implicitly, the Gold's require that rare amp that can tightly grip the woofers in order to achieve their true potential. 

Both are great speakers. The decision comes down to how much you value bass and whether your amp is up to the task.

Michael
I would base decision around room dimensions. Even given there age you wont do better at or even above there second hand price points (a bit bold yes, confident? yes, very). I loved my silveri. Both models sound great and handle power cleanly, image well, handsome looks. I fed a rated 400w x2 to each biamping but I was also happy with them down to half that.
I had the Gold i about 2 years ago  Thought they were really good but  to warm and fuzzy  Had to use solid core wires for jumpers to get it to have sharper/cleaner images. I mentioned that here and some others agreed.  Had the Golds a few months ago.  Seemed more lively then the i version probably because they are slightly brighter. . . Compared to other speakers I have had I could tell the tweeter was under the midrange. Not a big fan of that but it is the trend to try and control lobe effect.  I like a vertical stage. Tweeter on top seems to open up the stage.  Stillthink they are  really good speakers just maybe not for me.  I have not heard the silvers so just asking. Do they have the same warm and fuzzy sound? Ii have some KER 104.2 here right now I am trying  Pretty impressive
Thanks  Have a real concern about having a short soundstage with the silver i .  The tweeter is  a 8 inches below my ear level.   I have Vandersteen 2c units right now and they have a nice tall stage. FYI  I like the old c units better then the newer CE and CE sig.   There are several areas were i am not sure the PSBs will out do the Vandys including bottom end and stage height / and general openness   Just not sure.