LP 12 Owners-If you were going to buy a new TT ...

While I love the sound of my LP12 when its properly set up, it is a finicky beast which hates to be moved. I have moved with my table three times, and readjusting has always been a bit of a pain. For example, I wish speed was easier to regulate, I wish setting up the correct belt height was not so touchy, I wish my Ekos had adjustable VTA, etc. While not fed up to the point of wanting an immediate change, I do wonder occassionally when I see pictures and reviews of some of the new tables popping up in the market. Wondering if any fellow Linnies have moved on (or are considering moving on) to other designs. What woud top the list for about the same money as a fully decked out LP12 (Ekos, Lingo, Arkiv)?
128x128alexc
I went and auditioned one.  I think the whole setup was in excess of 10 grand.  Different sound thAN scout.  Scout more airy in sound,  more natural to my ears.  Line was great, don't get me wrong but I will stick with the scout for now.
Every TT, Tonearm, cartridge combo is different. Extremely hard to do A/B comparisons these days. I don't know any dealer that will loan out aTT but you can get CPDs, preamps,amps etc.for home audition.
Currently I run my 88' vintage LP12 and a new Kuzma Stabi S. Both through my Manley Steelhesd. Different tables, arms , cartridges. They play at the same level but Are Different! The Linn "Plays the Tune" ; The Kuzma is rock solid neutral, has better soundstage/ imaging. I am coming to Love the ergonomics of the suspensionless Kuzma over the Linn. Otherwise all else being fairly equal. They both play well. Both are problem free.
They give me that something different that I think most of us want / need. 
This is the beauty that Analog provides that digital just doesn't IMHO.
The LP12 can be upgraded to a very high level. However, for those who still own or remember an 80's version....Lingo 1 or Valhalla with the older sub chassis, non-cirkus version...I can see how one might think that a VPI or similar might sound better. BUT....here's the thing, add a Radikal D and a new Kore or Keel, Later Cirkus and a Ekos SE or one of the better arms...and the old girl will scoot away from most other tables, IMHO...:0)

First of all there is no such thing as ''the'' LP 12. The newest version

is shameless expensive while one can get a ''decent one'' for, so

to speak, few dollars. I moved first to Audiomeca J1 (P.Lurne)

which was as a kind of liberation. Then I moved to Kuzma Stabi

Reference which is similar to Audiomeca (acryl everywhere, inverted

bearing and 8 kg. platter). What is more the Kuzma was regarded

as one of the best available. However I also own SP-10,mk 2 with

Obsidian plinth + AT 636 pneumathic footers. I am not able to hear

any difference between them while considering the price my advice

should be obvious.