Your first component that was "special"

I got into hifi 40 years ago. I had a Pioneer receiver, Kenwood table, various entry level cartridges (ADC, Stanton, Empire) and Studio Design speakers. I wound up buying a Shure V15 Type 3 cartridge. That was the first piece of gear I bought that was way beyond ordinary. I had kept the cartridge until about 2o years ago- I sold it because by then no decent replacement stylus was available. Wish I still had it.

128x128zavato
Mid-70's, a McIntosh 2300 power amp (tested by Dave O'Brien at over 400 watts per channel at clipping) which was my band's PA amp.  It could drive 4 pairs of Mac ML-1 loudspeakers, no problem. 
Dunlavy Cantata speakers. They were special. I eventually sold them because I was on the audio merry-go-round--a decision I regretted for quite a while. 
When I was in college I saved up and snagged a new Dual 1219 turntable with a Shure V15 cartridge, at the time, was "in heaven".
Hey Samhar,

I’m in Burbank CA and have some questions for you about local techs for my Eagle Kinetics 2 amp and my Dahlquist DQ-lp1 with pac power mod. Please shoot me an email at [email protected].

Thanks!
Brett
@brettmcee, I lived in Burbank for years (over by the NBC studios. Have you eaten at Don Cuco's Mexican restaurant, right around the corner from Bob's Big Boy?), and found Tom Carione to be an excellent tech. He's at Brooks Berdan Ltd. in Monrovia, in the shop on Wednesday and Saturday. I too own both an Electron Kinetics Eagle 2A and Dahlquist LP-1, and would not hesitate to have him work on either.