Turn table for my kid???

My daughter just told me she wants a turn table. That thought really excites me because I hope she eventually loves music as much as I do.  Additionally, I've been thinking of getting into vinyl myself but haven't for fear of the money pit it will become like the rest of my audio endeavors.

So it looks like I can start this journey together with my kid.  Cool.  My question then is what's a good entry level tt?  I assume I will need to get a phono pre, etc?  I would much prefer one that is as self contained as possible.  Ideally I would be able to just connect some speakers to it or connect it directly into my integrated amp. Please take it easy on a vinyl noob.

Thank you and happy new year!
128x128tboooe
Audio Technica makes a PL120, which is a serious improvement over the PL60. I have a friend that owns the PL120. Seems like a well made table for the asking price ~$250.  Comes with AT95E cartridge. Has a built in phonostage which can be switched out should one wish to upgrade to separate one. Doesn't Needledoctor offer this model? There are several vendors via Amazon.

This TT and the Audioengine A2 would provide your daughter a most simplistic, budget minded, and enjoyable starter vinyl system for under $500. 

Whichever table you choose, be sure to get a MM cartridge with a readily available replacement stylus slide-on assembly. With my college kid wanting a table I knew that a $10 replacement cantilever/stylus for her Shure cart will never be an issue. 

A used vintage table seems like a wise choice. We went with a Thorens, but a DD Technics or Pioneer or a belt driven Rega would all give decent performance for a couple of hundred bucks.

If she gets into it, and wants to move the table to her own system, vintage amps & receivers often had reasonably serviceable MM phono stages built in, so keep your eyes open for a garage sale/craigslist bargain. Cheers,
Spencer
I agree with the others. Do not get her the LP60. You want to instill a love of music and especially music from vinyl sources. Not kill it by providing a cheap plastic toy that will only fulfill a passing fad.

The LP120 while still extremely entry level, does has an adjustable tonearm, a decent pre-mounted AT-95E elliptical cartridge and will not chew up records. Like the LP60 will. Coupled with a decent pair of active speakers, the 120LP would be the minimum to safely dive into the vinyl rabbit hole.

It amazes me that young folks all want to get into vinyl, are willing to spend an average of $25 for new re-issues and play them on $100 decks like the LP60 or even worse, Crosleys.

Start her out right.
Try the U-Turn Orbit. Has choice of colors, can have with onboard phono stage or buy separate. Is not costly, And IS a serious turntable complete with dust cover and pre mounted cartridge. Recommended by Michael Fremer of Stereophile.