Vandersteen

After hearing many good things about Vandersteen speakers I purchased a pair of 3a signatures. They sound beautiful with chamber music or small group jazz but quickly fall to pieces with symphonic works or rock. Have other people noted this deficiency with Vandersteens? 
Ag insider logo xs@2xbewoods1962

"Most audiophile loudspeakers "fall apart" when trying to reproduce large scale music when compared to their performance of smaller musical groups. The Vandersteens are no worst than other similar loudspeakers in this respect."

Interesting comment. I have seen (heard) this phenomenon on several very good "systems" and always wondered why this happens, or which component(s) is being the bottleneck. I guess this is what the experts call the ability to be "resolving". I also know many of the newer popular music are intentionally and optimally recorded for playback on earbuds or headsets as opposed to high end gear and they sound dreadfully fatiguing, especially at higher volumes.

I have 3A Sigs and while I don't listen to large scale symphonic works, they excel with rock and jazz.  And anything with well recorded vocals.  

You can see my system in the systems section. One thing I don't have listed is that I use Audioquest Colorado ics, which work very well indeed. 
I owned the 3a sig's (just sold them today, so I can get the Treo's), and I never noticed them 'falling apart' on certain music.
As others have mentioned, what components are you using with the Vandy's?
Johnny Rutan, audioconnection, is a font of Vandy knowledge and would be a good person to contact with your problem.
Bob
Not a 3A Sig but I do have the 2CE Sig II powered by McIntosh monoblocks MC 601, 600 watts per amp and never experience any falling apart. I love my 2CE Sig II as they just get better and better as it aged.
A question for all the people who say their Vandys don't fall apart on large scale music -- at what volume level are you listening?