Doh, left system off all night

Today I've been really unhappy with the sound of my system. Bass is too bloated and treble is scratchy. I was racking my head trying to figure out what I changed.

Took me an hour to remember I left the system off for about 24 hours. Doh!

Erik
erik_squires
Tube gear takes about half an hour to 45 minutes. Solid state amps sometimes take a few hours of playing music, sometimes a lot less. But once the amps are on and warmed up, they don’t need continuous music.  I usually leave them on 24/7 and don't have to worry about warm-up.

But the SS DAC!!! ughhh... That needs a few hours of music to warm up and continuous play to stay that way. I’m getting a new DAC so I’m not too worried about it.
Hi @lalitk

My amps were the one thing that have not been turned off in weeks. :)

The two components which were included a Mytek Brooklyn and Parasound P7.

Best,

Erik
Hi Bpoletti,

If I may, what DAC you are considering?  I own a Modwright Elyse and thinking about auditioning Aesthetix Pandora 'Eclipse' or AR DAC9.  

Lalit
Erik, I find the same thing with my Class A amps. They continue to improve (logarithmically) for about 10 hours, but are listenable after one. Oddly enough, the SS preamp is pretty stable after 5 minutes.
My stuff never really turns off..keeps a trickle charge running...only powers down, so that it sounds wonderful as soon as I turn it on (Ayre)