Best sounding turntable and cartridge for $1100

I have seen a lot of turntable and cartridges packages in  $1000- $1100, such as the Project RPM3 with the Sumiko BP-2 MC.   Project Xperience 1 with a Sumiko Pearl MM;  Rega Planar 3 with a Elys II cartridge. 

I have formerly owned a Rega 3-24 with Elys II  and a Project Carbon DC with Ortofon 2M Red (which I did not like at all) . Would like to try something different, but can live with the above brands depending on their overall performance 

Need recommendations for turntable/cartridge new or used combo that punches far above its price of  $1100.  Thank you

sunnyjim
I had a Clearaudio Virtuoso [mentioned a couple of responses above.]  Soundsmith retipping  cost $150  for  the bare  bones installation a couple of years ago and took over three months. Just this year I had  another  stylus assembly installed for $250 by the Needle Clinic in Bellevue, Wa,. with a turn around time of just two weeks.

I found  many user and other reviews of the Roundtable on the internet just by clicking the Music Fidelity Roundtable. reviews.

In my world, lower output is a good thing, fewer windings equal
less mass and more transparency.....

If my only option was HO, I would abandon MC altogether and go
with Soundsmith MI or an Ortofon MM like the 2M Red or Bronze, but
the quintet is lower in cost.....

My solution with my current cartridge which is .1MV is a Hashimoto HM7 stepup transformer, run into my phono pre @ 47k which is giving me the most transparent and organic analog I've ever heard......but I'm sure there are phono pres out there that will handle .3MV just fine....

Thanks

Though the Roundtable might be a good value at $300, I highly doubt it will perform as well as most tables in the $1k range. 

Since you seem to be looking for new instead of used, I highly recommend trying a Pioneer PLX1000 if you don't have an aversion to direct drives.

You might be able to find a NOS VPI Traveler for close to $1100 or you might also consider a VPI Player. 

If you currently own the Rega why not do some mods via ipturntables. New feet braces sub platter and motor isolation. Around $400. You will be happy.