Best sounding turntable and cartridge for $1100

I have seen a lot of turntable and cartridges packages in  $1000- $1100, such as the Project RPM3 with the Sumiko BP-2 MC.   Project Xperience 1 with a Sumiko Pearl MM;  Rega Planar 3 with a Elys II cartridge. 

I have formerly owned a Rega 3-24 with Elys II  and a Project Carbon DC with Ortofon 2M Red (which I did not like at all) . Would like to try something different, but can live with the above brands depending on their overall performance 

Need recommendations for turntable/cartridge new or used combo that punches far above its price of  $1100.  Thank you

sunnyjim

Showing 4 responses by boofer

The Music Hall Roundtable originally came as a 3 part system,. but the components could be sold separately Hi Fi Choice gave it a pretty good review, and there are many other good reviews on the internet. Music Direct even has a demo for $199, and there is free shipping. Although probably a step down from your previous turntables, if you are only playing 20% LPs, this may be a good idea. I read where the Denon 110 has even been used on this table with good results.
I had a Clearaudio Virtuoso [mentioned a couple of responses above.]  Soundsmith retipping  cost $150  for  the bare  bones installation a couple of years ago and took over three months. Just this year I had  another  stylus assembly installed for $250 by the Needle Clinic in Bellevue, Wa,. with a turn around time of just two weeks.

I found  many user and other reviews of the Roundtable on the internet just by clicking the Music Fidelity Roundtable. reviews.

Of  all the options you have mentioned I believe this is the best  one if you can  stilll get the package for $1000, not so sure for  $1599! As I stated in a previous post, my Virtuoso retip was $150  3 or 4 years ago and $250  for the 2nd retip earlier this year I do hope you inform us when you've made your purchase.