Samsung buys Harman for $8B

Wow! Seems they were after Harman's auto business which is 65% of what Harman does. Will Samsung leave Harman's high end brands alone or does that spell ruination of Mark Levinson, Revel, JBL, Lexicon, et al? 

Is this the largest high end acquisition? 
128x128zavato
So far this is my experience with my 2012 Plasma TV that had a main board fail.  Excellent TV until it decided not to completely power up one day.  I may amend this post if they come through with a partial(depreciated) refund after "reviewing" my case for close to 2 weeks.

willand, i had what may be the same power issue with my samsung tv--there's a diy fix that even i was able to do involving replacing $.50 caps--google it
My Samsung 1080p set started taking a very long time to start up after about two to three years of ownership. I did a Google search of this and found that there was a class action lawsuit against Samsung on this so I contacted them about it. Three days later a technician showed up at my house, replaced some stuff on one of the boards and told me my tv will last forever now. That was about 5 years ago. This old clunker still has a perfect picture. 
I can't find JBL or Revel sales figures but I think they along with the microphone company AKG and Lexicon control systems have contributed immensely to the huge car audio business for Harmon. Perhaps these nests of creativity and perfectionism will be encouraged rather than discarded or sold off?