Killer Floor Standing Speakers under $4000 for Rock?

polling all ears (subjective I suppose) but would like to hear you people who have heard fairly high end speaker that kick ass in clarity for mostly Rock/ Fusion Jazz at high volumes with killer clean power .

I currently have a :
Marantz PM-11S1 Integrated amp
SVS SB-1000 Sub
NHT 2.3 Towers
Technics SL15

Klipsch/Paradigm/Infinity/B&W/Dynaudio/PSB ???
128x128tommypenngotti
I agree with Bigshutterbug. 

The Legacy Focus' are outstanding speakers and can be bought on the used market for under 3k.  Highly efficient too.  Be sure to get the older 20/20's and not the "SE's."  The older ones sound better. 

If your room is too small to handle the Focus' then look for a nice pair of Legacy Signature III's. This is what I use.  I have a 75 watt per channel tube amp and it just coasts at lease breaking levels. And by the way, they will keep up with any and all improvements made to other areas of the system. 

Neither of these speakers can be bought new as Legacy discontinued the models. And as a final caution ... these speakers LOVE tube electronics. People sell them because they tried to drive them with solid state electronics, and they just don't sound right with SS. With tubes, they come alive.

Frank

I love my Ohm Walsh 2000s ($2800/pr). Depending on the cubic footage of your room, you may need a larger model (see the Ohm web site), but the 3000s are $4000/pr, and are appropriate for rooms up to 5400 cubic feet.

I enjoy my 2000s with all types of music, including rock. And by rock, I mean everything from David Bowie to Porcupine Tree to Castlebed and KMFDM. Extended, well-controlled bass, an upper-midrange/lower-treble response that does not get etched or overly bright, and no congestion at pretty loud levels. And then there’s their dissappearing act and wide, yet defined, soundstage. You can read my full review in the review section. I have owned these for seven years, and I have no desire to upgrade.

IMO, you are wasting your time and money with high-end speaker systems. They will not give you what you want. Here’s something closer to what you need and the cost is very reasonable.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-3722N-Passive-Operation-Loudspeaker/dp/B00TA44XLO

or This:
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Two-way-Passive-ScreenArray-Loudspeaker/dp/B00AAO5OAW/ref=pd_sbs_23_2?_en...