receptacles

Hi I'm really confused about which receptacle to use. I want clarity, not thin and not warm. I tried Furutech GTX-D R was not too happy its was burned in for 50 hours. Then i went for wattgate Rhodium did like that too i ran it for 50 hours. then i used PS audio i liked it but I'm still burning it in. I want something that will be really clear and above and beyond. I heard about the R! would that be the solution to my problem. Thanks
deepak007
08-04-15: Charles1dad
John,
The OP isn't seeking warmth, he's pursuing clarity and
neutral/natural character.

Ahhh...you are correct sir. Speed reading tripped me up
again, sorry. ;^)
Stick the Furutech on your refrigerator. Plug it into each half of the receptacle for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks (6 weeks in total) and then put it back into your system and see how it sounds.
Deepak, I took a look at descriptions and various writeups on the equipment you indicated you are using. A couple of questions: By any chance is your listening position such that your ears are more than a few inches above or below tweeter level? And do you have the left and right main speakers pointed directly at the listening position?

If the answer to the first question is yes, or if the answer to the second question is no, I suspect based on Tom Norton's measurements and Michael Fremer's comments in this review of your speakers that one or both of those factors are the main contributors to the lack of clarity and excess warmth you have described. And that any difference an outlet and/or its breakin might make would be vastly overshadowed by those factors, as well as being far less predictable.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al
Al,
When I read these threads I just assume that the basics and fundamentals of good system set up have been addressed. It's entirely possible I may assume too much!
Charles,
I have not tried other outlets but the Maestro. In my system it is cleaner and, not warm, not harmonically thin, not hard sounding. You may like it. No one here can tell you for sure what will be your preference. You have to try them for yourself. Be sure you let any you try, break in fully, that can make a huge difference. Hope that helps.