Sony UHP-1 experience?

Sony has a new Universal Player out and it's getting good reviews.  I have a lot of SACDs and also Blu Ray Audio and some DVD A as well, and I always want to make sure that there are players at reasonable prices.  The Sony also plays High Res pcm and DSD .  On the Video side it doesn't do 4 K and some reviewers think this is fatal flaw but My concern is audio.  The player goes for $350.00 at Best Buy.  Has anyone here heard it?  It seems like it might be a great replacement for the Oppo 105, now discontinued 
mahler123
I've been watching Blu Rays with with my Panny TV speakers. I'm encouraged to buy this Sony UHP-1 just for the ability to play Blurays through my main stereo. It's about time Sony brought out something like this.There must be millions of analogue only audio systems out there to take advantage of this.I guess Sony realizes they've tapped most of the buyers who always upgrade and see this as a possibly significant market expansion. Makes sense to me and I'm going to try one very soon.
I've had mine since it was released last May. We love it. It's the best picture we've seen on our Panasonic plasma. The music from CDs and SACDs sounds very good to me. I've never used CD players that cost more than $500 but I've had some very nice ones from NAD and the Sony competes well with  them.

It can also stream all kinds of audio and video. It's well made and has worked perfectly since day one.

Cheers,

Scott
@ptss 

For years I've wanted to use my system for audio with our Panasonic plasma but it only outputs multi channel digital so I've never been able to use one of my DACs to get audio from the tv to my system.

Well, got one of these; REI DA34X ($55), to convert the multi channel optical out signal from the Panasonic to stereo with analogue out to my amp. We now have great sound for the tv. Robert Plant on Austin City Limits sounded great last night. You might want to check it out.

Cheers,

Scott