Evolution Acoustics MM2/MM3

Hi,

i am toying with the idea of replacing my current speakers. I currently have Rockport Aviors, which by the way, I love.

The only reason reason I would contemplate changing the Aviors are for bigger, better scale of presentation, bass definition and depth and most importantly, the ability to adjust the bass and tweeter response. Hence the veer towards EA speakers.

While I have posted a similar post elsewhere in the forum, I hope someone will be able to comment on whether I am looking in the right direction or not? Also, I would be quite keen to buy a used pair of MM2 or MM3 ( for that matter) if someone here is keen to sell theirs on way to an upgrade.

neeless to say, I have heard only good things about EA and some recent impression, of one of my good audiophile friends, of the MM7 at Mike Lavigne's has piqued my interest substantially. Surely, I don't want to lose on the trade-in, so lots of things jostling in my mind at the same time. 

Would welcome ideas.......please!

cheers

sujay

sujay
Astrotoy: You are ridiculous. You have no idea what you’re talking about and are bordering on libel.

I certainly disclosed that I am the manufacturer of the Evolution Acoustics loudspeakers. Mike Lavigne is a customer and friend. Absolutely not a partner in any way in any of my companies.

Very unprofessional 
@audiotroy Everyone with a commercial interest should disclose it in a signature at the bottom of every post. That is if you want to appear professional and well meaning. So far, you aren't looking too good. Time to say "Lesson learned, I'll do better next time" and move along. 

@jtinn goes out of his way on many threads to make his business interests clear.

Where is @audiofeil,  our long lost official posting cop when we need him? Cheers,
Spencer 

Audiotroy,

does the owner of the audio business, Audiodoctor.com, where you work part time, Dave Lalin, know while you represent his business (as you continually note in post after post) you are on line defaming other products right and left? is that the type of professionalism he speaks of on his website?

you accuse me of something that is completely false in writing. do you understand the definition of ’libel’? especially when used business to business.

you have every right to have any crazy notion that you might want to have. and i respect your right to write about those. but representing a business is a serious thing. and throwing around accusations while representing a business is a serious thing. as I’m sure your boss would appreciate.

just a few things for you to think about maybe before you hit ’send’ the next time.

have a nice day.

I can only add my experience in 30 years' audio (and... love for music... obviously) just ended in 2016 with a purchase of EA MM3's speakers.
I came from Kharma Grand Ceramique and I know very well all the higher actual Kharma production; furthermore I currently listen to a few high systems of my friends with Wilson Maxx3/Alexandria; Rockport Ankaa, YG Anat and before making my choice I visited two editions of Munchen high-end fair with many interesting rooms and speakers.
My preference goes to EA MM3's that shows great detail through all spectrum and have an exceptional the ability to adapt to relatively small spaces and also to sound great in large rooms. The option of tuning the bass is very useful and the integration bass-mid-highs is excellent.
One caveat? weight! 575 lbs are not easy to deal with.
my two cents
Marco

Sujay I would not just be worried about a speakers bass integrating well into a listening room. You need to hear every speaker before you buy. MM speakers I believe use ceramic drivers which have a certain sound just as carbon fiber and other drivers. You may not like the mids compared to what you have. I think tonality and true to life dynamics are important as well as bass.