Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Before you offer your "expertise" get things right  - mhz is millihertz, proper unit is MHz (megahertz).  Keep posting - you might learn something one day.
"One of our audiogon friends uses class D amp (H20) with Apogee Scintilla in 1 ohm mode with great results."

georgelofi:

"Then I feel sorry for this person as he has never heard his Scintilla’s at their best. It may work, but at their best?? FAR FROM IT!"

Hi George,

My good friend Glen, a BIG tube fan, has the best sounding Apogee-based system I have heard (and that is more than a few). Had the Carver K-120 monos, then Kronzilla Mark II monos, and now living very happily with two H20 Class D stereo amps from Henry Ho running bi-amped into his Scintillas.

Proof is in the hearing and not found in blanket statements unfairly encompassing hundreds of products with one fell stroke. Glen’s Kronzillas are for sale if you are interested.

Best to you George,
Dave

So it's come down to mud slinging. 
Not from you sunshine, I think everyone knew I meant megahertz as there's 1,500,000,000 difference between the two.

Cheers George  

I believe you won’t find one tech guru here on Audiogon that would recommend a Class-D amp over "big current" linear amps for these kinds of loads, sure they may work, but are you getting the best from them? I think not. 2nd graph
http://www.lippaudio.org/old/MySystems/Scintilla/impedance.html

BTW: Carver 120 and Kronzilla Mark II are NOT big current amps, sure they consume big current, but they won’t push it into speakers load like these Appogee’s

Cheers George

It is far from mud slinging, buy it appears that you make strong technical statements on the subjects that you are completely unfamiliar with.  I pointed out units just to show that you don't have any electrical engineering education.  This thread is not too bad, but your crusade against Delta-Sigma converters is plain insane.  Cheers.