Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Mapman, I am using Spec RSA717ex, it has class of its own ,Spec is better sounding than the  Class AB Luxman-505ux I have used previously, praised in various reviews, luxman sounded cold  and suppressed to me.
And all my inputs given in my previous posts are after comparing Spec with Audio Note Oto phono SE, only 10watts....
My class D amp has 60kHz -3dB bandwidth. Georgelofi - you must be a bat?

What brand model? Maybe I can find some non affiliated bench tests

Even so with those figures do some homework at -3db at 60khz you will have phase shifts all the way down to 5khz,  because of the low order of the switching noise output filter.

Cheers George

Rowland model 102.  There are many class A or AB amps that have similar bandwidth but nobody talks about phase shifts.

The JR 102 uses the Ice 200asc modules as you are probably aware.

Look at the distortion figures for the highest their willing to put up in red which is just at 6.5khz. Look how fast the distortion rise is for the given wattage. And this is all at just 4ohms, I would love to see it at 2ohms.
If you can then visualize just what the 15khz one looks like, if they rise this rapidly from 100hz to 1khz to 6.5khz you have an idea of what’s going on the upper mids and highs.

Then you can imagine what happens if the’re driving an ESL speakers which can go to down 1ohm.
This is just one I found I'm sure there's more if I dig.
http://www.icepower.dk/images/200asc_700px.jpg

Cheers George