power conditioner

How important is power conditioner for musical system . Does it really  improve sound quality if the outlet AC power is adequate enough?
farzad
randy-11
Consumer audio is rife with confirmation bias.  The only way to eliminate that problem is to use blind tests.
You've committed the logical fallacy of the excluded middle. Long-term listening will reveal a component's true qualities, and without all the time-consuming, fiddly nuisance and level-matching  of blind testing.
I use a power regenerator. All my gear is plugged into the Regenerator. Major inprovement in sound. Filters never did anything for me. Also blind testing for audiophiles is worthless. Live with a component for a couple of months playing a lot of music and you will then be able to tell if it is for you.
Blind or doubleblind testing is designed to tell if there is a difference in sound, not which is better. Did you know in a blind test if you listen to A and then to B most people will prefer B
Alan
which is why you reverse the order

of course, if there is no difference in the sound then one doesn't sound better, does it

and note, I never said to not do extensive listening sessions either...
.I have 3 Shunyata Power Conditioners.  A Hydra 2 for my amp and preamp (The Hydra 2 doesn't limit current) and two Hydra 4 Conditioners.  One for the analog and another for the digital.  All on 3 separate  dedicated lines and all Shunyata Cryoed outlets and power cords.  My system is dead quiet (Tube pre is eerily quiet) and has excellent bass slam.  I hear a big difference without the conditioners.  To me it sounds dirty without them.
Well, I have done blind testing.

Test conditions: wall (dedicated audio line with 12 AWG) with factory power cord, wall plus $2000 power cord, Plitron isolation transformer with factory cord, Plitron with $2000 cord.

The last two conditions were clearly better, and indistinguishable. So I spent money on isolation transformers.

Further, an isolation transformer also removes DC from the power line, which can really save your bacon (and your amplifiers) in a storm. So, if you have expensive gear, an isolation transformer is just reasonable care and insurance.

But they do tend to growl when working, so they should have a place outside the music room.