power conditioner

How important is power conditioner for musical system . Does it really  improve sound quality if the outlet AC power is adequate enough?
farzad
which is why you reverse the order

of course, if there is no difference in the sound then one doesn't sound better, does it

and note, I never said to not do extensive listening sessions either...
.I have 3 Shunyata Power Conditioners.  A Hydra 2 for my amp and preamp (The Hydra 2 doesn't limit current) and two Hydra 4 Conditioners.  One for the analog and another for the digital.  All on 3 separate  dedicated lines and all Shunyata Cryoed outlets and power cords.  My system is dead quiet (Tube pre is eerily quiet) and has excellent bass slam.  I hear a big difference without the conditioners.  To me it sounds dirty without them.
Well, I have done blind testing.

Test conditions: wall (dedicated audio line with 12 AWG) with factory power cord, wall plus $2000 power cord, Plitron isolation transformer with factory cord, Plitron with $2000 cord.

The last two conditions were clearly better, and indistinguishable. So I spent money on isolation transformers.

Further, an isolation transformer also removes DC from the power line, which can really save your bacon (and your amplifiers) in a storm. So, if you have expensive gear, an isolation transformer is just reasonable care and insurance.

But they do tend to growl when working, so they should have a place outside the music room.

Would like to directly answer the question posed at the start of the thread. My opinion is yes, power conditioning is important and no, it does not - or more accurately should not - improve the sound quality.

As I’ve stated elsewhere on this forum power conditioning is more appropriate for piece of mind and general health of the components in that they can be surge protected, under/over voltage protected, regulated (more expensive), etc. If sound is noticeably effected then there is something wrong other than power supply. Any change of sound should be subtle at best.

My system is dead quiet when "idle". I’m using a relatively low cost ($350) approach of dedicated (separate breaker) 20 Amp outlet >>> Emotiva CMX-2 (D/C filter + RFI/EFI/Noise reduction) >>> Panamax MR-4300 (same manufacturer as Furman 95% as good 65% of cost) for RFI/EFI/Noise/Surge/Over/Under protection >>> my entire A/V system.
I guess the way I look at it is, I've spent all this money on decent components and while I have replacement value home owners insurance in the event of a lightning strike, we all know how that works out. A balanced power conditioner is going to supply your components with clean AC power eliminating noise, in addition (if so equipped) it will protect your system from electrical surges. I guess those two things are in my mind worth the cost of the equipment. And it's not like they wear out so your investment can last for many many years.