Selling?

I just had an unsolicited offer to buy my CJ 350. He wanted to drive down from the East Coast and pay cash. No price was mentioned. The next day he ask and I told him $6500. I thought this was quite low but I am getting old and have moved into an apt. He was shocked and said that he had seen many for $4000 and one for $3800. Now I have been in audio since 1960 and have a good idea what things are worth. I did not believe this for a minute. Looking on the net I found only one and it was $8724. So if you don't know yourself check with the bluebook before you sell. I told him to buy one of the cheap ones he talked about. So beware of lowballs.

128x128stanwal
@tonykay - I think that is the point of my post and that of Grannyring, trying to give the OP an idea of what someone will pay for it. So he had 3 people say what they were willing to pay, which is only to give the OP an idea of what the market will bear for his amp. He of course doesn't have to accept that amount, the final selling price is always a matter of what a buyer or a seller see as the worth of an item.
Well
There's always discrepancy between 'asking' and sold for. I can ask for my Sunfire amp also $8k, but it does not mean I'm going to sell it at that price. To get better idea I'd look for more than just one source the 'sold for' statistics.
Even if the units aren't around for the price described there may be the time that they will be listed.
For example:
http://audioconsultants.com/equipment-Conrad-Johnson-Premier-350SA-5264

Look, I don’t want to argue about this, but stanwal isn’t asking for help in determining what price to sell his CJ350. If you re-read his post, you’ll see that he is simply cautioning sellers not to accept an unsolicited lowball offer, especially if you are out of touch with the market price of the item you are selling. He wants $6500, and is not selling below that price regardless of the unsolicited buyer’s "shocked" response. He recommends using the bluebook, or some other means, to help you price your item. That’s all!
Post removed 
I concur w/ the panel. At $6500, the power amp would have to be re-capped, serviced and brought back to brand new conditions.