best used Pre/Pro for $1000

I'm putting together a home theater system and already have a parasound halo a52 5 channel amp and wondering what would be the best preamp processor I could use in the $1,000 range. My speakers are Thiel Viewpoints as my front L and R, Thiel powerplanes as my center and rears and a theil SS1 sub. I've been thinking about a parasound C2 or integra DHC 80.1 or 80.2. Any ideas??
globalize71
Kbuzz,

From time to time, Amazon will show discounted offers on the Onkyo 5508/9 from authorized dealers. You may have to visit several times and you may see some "open box" offers, too.
Martykl. thanks for the reply. I looking at 2K for a pre pro used or new. I wonder about the 5508-does not look like there are a lot of other options in this range....
Martykl,

Is the Onkyo PRSC 5509 available in the US? I looked at Amazon and the search results were negative. Googling it and I don't see any US retailers yet.
The 5509 is not available in the US.
For $1000 you can get a new Anthem MRX300, I got one to use just as a pre/pro.
Anyone have comments on the nad pre pros. I see alot of chatter on the onkyo units but not much on the nad. They are often available open box and refurb as well