Cable for my Rythmik F12SE Sub

Looking for cable to hook my rythmik F12SE sub to my Hegel H160 amp. My Focal 1008Be are connected to hegels using audioquest rocket 88 and my marantz SA8005 to Hegel using Audioquest yukons. any suggestions friends?

Thanks.
spoutjack

Sorry for the delay in responding ghosthouse, I was away from home on a gig. I was pals with Brooks Berdan (R.I.P.), and we had a nice mutually beneficial arrangement wherein I would provide him with vintage drums at my cost (I was dealing in the 90’s and 00’s), and he me with hi-fi. His choice of cable brands in his shop were Cardas and Audioquest. I didn’t find Cardas particularly of interest (I find George’s cable theory somewhat specious), and didn’t know much about Audioquest. On one trip with Brooks to CES in Vegas (as a Brooks Berdan Ltd. "employee"), I bought all my Kimber cables at industry-accommodation prices. I was looking for high transparency and extended high frequency bandwidth, which the silver Kimbers provide.

I am not what is viewed as a typical audiophile, always thinking of change in pursuit of (hopefully) improvement. The Kimbers I have are good enough for me and my modest system (by Audiogon standards!), and I have no burning desire to look for better. The only cables I’ve bought since getting the systems worth of Kimbers are 1- a pair of Clear Day Double Shotgun speaker cables (all silver), necessary only because I moved from dual mono power amps to a single stereo one. My Kimber 4AG speaker cables are only 1’ long! The Clear Days work perfectly with the Kimbers, being more alike than different. And 2- the Kimber Hero interconnects for my more recently-added subs---GR Research/Rythmik OB/Dipoles in H-frames, Rythmik F15HP’s (DIY in 4cu.ft. enclosures), and now Magneplanar Tympani T-IV’s (for both full-range use, and the bass panels as woofers for my other speakers). The Hero’s have a great bottom end for a budget cable. No need for an expensive cable with an excellent midrange and high end when it will be reproducing bass only, ay?

Greetings bdp.  Thanks for that history on your Kimbers.  Maybe some day I'll try a pair of Heroes but right now I've got a good few IC options "in the bank".  I'll probably get some Kimber 8PR for the SVS subs.

Spoke to folks at Rythmik they recommend the Blue Jeans LC1 with Y splitters on both ends as i have RCA on amp and line in on the sub.
So if im going to go with line out (variable) on the amp to line in on the sub do i take Y splitters on both sides to hook up the subwoofer cable or get two cables?

Spoke to folks at Rythmik they recommend the Blue Jeans LC1 with Y splitters on both ends as i have RCA on amp and line in on the sub.
That is very bad advice IMO. I would absolutely not do that without first checking with Hegel and getting an ok from them.

Putting a y-adapter on the Hegel’s variable line-level outputs will short the left and right channel signals that are provided to those outputs together. While some people do that to provide a mono signal to a sub, and in many cases get away with it, at best it is poor practice, IMO. And depending on the design of the specific equipment (the Hegel in this case) the result could be a reduction in channel separation of the signals provided to the main speakers, or having a mono signal provided to the main speakers, or an increase in distortion, or degradation of the long-term reliability of the Hegel, or even immediate damage to the Hegel.

If an ok from Hegel to that approach is not readily obtainable, I would definitely advise running two cables. Shorting two outputs together is almost never a good idea.

Regards,
-- Al

Thanks Al. Returned the Y splitters If I'm going the way u said. Which makes sense. The blue jeans lc1 is ok for sub interconnect? Or u want me to
look at audioquest or kimber? Also subwoofer is for low frequencies would getting silver or silver coated cable make any difference or is that just snake oil?
thanks once again al u saved my amp!