Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
Bacardi-

I cannot believe that you find the analog from the 95 via the 885 is superior to HDMI since the 9.8 (equivalent of the 885) has mediocre analog inputs which would compromise that arrangement. Had you said that you were using an 80.2 or 80.3 I would accept that as a possibility (although I would not agree). In fact, the analog inputs are one of the real improvements over the first generation prepros. There are others.

Kal
01-01-12: Bacardi
I am using the analogue in the Oppo.
Yes but are you running it through the mediocre analog of the 885?

Kal
C'mon. What is the Oppo connected to? Directly to the power amp or via a decent analog preamp? If so, that is quite different from going via the 885.

I found that the weakest feature of the 9.8 (885) is the analog in/out, even direct.

Kal