THE WALL---Why?

No, this does not refer to Pink Floyd or Donald Trump! 
  I was just wondering why audio dealers tell you to plug the power amplifier into the wall, rather than into my PS Audio power plant? What harm would it do to plug it into the Power Plant; it has plenty of capacity?! Would I risk any damage if I plugged my power amplifier direct into the power plant? 
just curious... thanks.   ---Steve
warmglowingtubesart
gdhal1
... I'm on a dedicated outlet, voltage varies - on an intraday basis - between 116 and 123 volts inclusive. Naturally I cannot detect any audible difference. Not entirely sure, but I thought 120 was the goal/optimum.
There is some variation between utilities, and 120VAC is a de facto standard. But there's a tolerance - as there is with all things, which my utility measures from the basis of 123VAC, last time I checked. 116VAC is a little on the low side, but within tolerance; 123VAC is only slightly high. Such voltage variation as you have is not uncommon, especially for residential service.

Voltage is what many audiophiles consider the gold standard for measuring their electric service, but it's only one element of it. Also of considerable importance is power factor, as well as the utility's ability to deliver current on demand. For example, many people with 200A electric service believe that it means their utility can deliver 200A of current, but that is very, very rarely the case. A 200A service panel only means it can safely distribute 200A. It would be very rare for the utility to actually be able to meet that load and - surprise! - it's often able to deliver much less. And that can be an issue for audiophiles ... especially with high power amplifiers and when the a/c is running, the refrigerator is running ...

As many have said; which ever sounds best (power plant / wall outlet) is what you should do with.

My Pass 350.8 sounds much better into my Audience 6TSSDOX 20 amp unit more detail ,quieter,better stage etc. It all depends on how good your unit is.Its my second unit which is only for my amp.
The Wall- as it refers to both Pink Floyd and Donald Trump, is a premonition.
If you plug amp to the wall, it’s not going to work, so the advice of dealer is wrong.

BTW, Ebm, why more than one line?