Shopping for an integrated, advice s'il vous plait.

Some time ago I decided to upgrade my stereo and spent virtually my entire budget on speakers (no regrets), tacking on a Harman HK3490 as an afterthought. Well, it recently bit the dust for no apparent reason. It was only $260 and gave me 5 years of almost daily service, so I'm not too mad. Unfortunately there's nothing comparable on the market at that price, adjusted for inflation. The closest thing I could find was the Yamaha A-S801, but it appears to have the same build quality as my previous receiver. I'm not sure I'm comfortable spending close to $1k on something with disposable quality, so I've been assessing my options within my budget ($1500 max). Looking for an analog integrated with quality components and construction that will last me at least 10 years. So far I've narrowed my options down to:

Yamaha a-s1000 (new)
or
Vintage i.e. Yamaha ca-2010, Sansui au-717, Pioneer sa-9500 ii etc. 

My only problem with vintage is that it seems to take many months of waiting before a deal comes up on the model you want. I see a fully recapped and restored au-717 recently went on eBay for less than $700. Probably not gonna find a deal like that in the next year, if ever. 

TL;DR Would like thy esteemed opinions to vet my purchase of a Yamaha a-s1000. 

unknoahble
I also agree with ami. The OP is looking for an integrated that will prove reliable for 10 years. Many good suggestions here. 

What speakers do you have? 

Another endorsement for ami and yogiboy. But I love my Rotel RX-1052, so maybe add the RA-1570 to the list? Also, the Musical Fidelity M3i. 

If I were in the market the first three I'd audition would be the Rogue, the Wyred4sound, and the Musical Fidelity because my budget is limited. I also heard a Prma Luna that sounded divine. I'd probably shop so long the gear would go out of production before I decided. But what fun! Like dating.

If you need a quick fix while you shop, there's a RX-1052 on eBay USA for $300. If you were happy with the HK, it will be a modest upgrade.

AU-717 if has enough power requirements for your room is great piece of gear and serviceable. It's tough to service and repair, but it's serviceable and often makes much more sense than modern units.
A Yamaha will definitely have a different house sound than the Harman, and will sound brighter.  I'd go with a Marantz or Nad integrated, since they are to the slightly warm side of neutral as is/was the Harman 3490.  The Marantz PM8005 has a phono section, and the Nad C356 or C375BEE can have either a dac or phono section installed.
I didn't realize this would be a referendum on Yamaha I have no particular issues with the brand nor have I heard the AS-1000.  I just think Marantz makes great high quality amps and that looks like a very good deal a $2100 integrated for $895 and less than the OP's stated budget.