Suggestions for new AV Pre-Pro

I'm interested in purchasing a new AV pre-pro to replace my aging Outlaw 990. My speakers consist of the Focal 1027be, 1007be and cc1000be. My Simaudio I-7 is used for both 2 channel and also drives the front channels in 5.1. I have an Outlaw 7500 driving the center channel and rear speakers. I plan to use 5.1 analog outputs from the Oppo 95 into the processor and the hdmi directly into the tv so I'm not concerned about video processing. I also have the SB Touch with the W4S Dac 1 for 2 channel into the Sim, but I would also like to run a digital cable from the Touch into the AV processor for 5.1 sound. The processor should be comparable with the rest of the system.
128x128ronrags
Since you guys have either recommened the Marantz or the Cary, has anyone actually compared the two units?
Ronrags, I used to work for a Marantz dealer. I've heard all they have to offer. I, personally, use a Thetadigital Casablanca III with BAT VK-6200 (Balanced Audio amp) and Dynaudio speakers. I've heard what Cary can do. Believe me, if u are concerned with sound quality for both 2-channel and HT, the Cary will outperform Marantz anyday of the week. You don't need the gimmicks of the mass produced AVR's. They (Mass produced AVR's/Pre/Pro's)have their place in the market...and yes some do sound OK. However, given ur level of equipment that u already own, purchasing a Maranzt would be a step backwards. Also, Dbphd noteed that you still have audio perameter adjustment choices with the Cary 11a...if u really want utilize this adjustment. Sometimes, one can remove that "organic" sound quality from the system by using the EQ. This is what differentiates hi-end sound from Mid-fi. Make no mistake, I'm not saying EQ is a bad thing. U are waaay beyond a Maranzt Rcvr/Pre/Pro.
Sparks81,I appreciate your reply. I was also told by a dealer that going with a Marantz is a step backward. I'm wondering if I buy a pre-pro like the Cary, would it pay to replace both the Sim I-7 and the Outlaw amp with a 5 channel Cary amp or similar?
With the virtual disappearance of brick-and-mortar stores, it has become impossible (it used to be only difficult) for a prospective purchaser to compare products side-by-side. The remaining stores carry fewer lines, too.

So, the prospective purchaser relies on the comments of others, most of whom have also been denied the opportunity of a fair side-by-side comparison (and that includes the dealers).

Sad.
Ronrags, That's exactly what I'd consider! By considering another amp by Cary, Bryston, Ayre, BAT and some others, not only are u raising the bar with regard to performance, u are creating a closer degree of synergy...especially with the Cary 5-channel amp. As a result, u will experience more refinement and detail from ur music and movies sountracks. The experience will bring u a little closer to the music and help suspend ur disbelief when watching movies...that's what it's all about, isn't it? And last, by upgrading ur amp to a Cary or another brand, u are simplifying ur set-up and removing the weakest link from the equation. It will also be like hearing all of ur music and movies for the first time...again!