Suggestions for new AV Pre-Pro

I'm interested in purchasing a new AV pre-pro to replace my aging Outlaw 990. My speakers consist of the Focal 1027be, 1007be and cc1000be. My Simaudio I-7 is used for both 2 channel and also drives the front channels in 5.1. I have an Outlaw 7500 driving the center channel and rear speakers. I plan to use 5.1 analog outputs from the Oppo 95 into the processor and the hdmi directly into the tv so I'm not concerned about video processing. I also have the SB Touch with the W4S Dac 1 for 2 channel into the Sim, but I would also like to run a digital cable from the Touch into the AV processor for 5.1 sound. The processor should be comparable with the rest of the system.
128x128ronrags
Ronrags,Given ur existing equipment, I recommend a Cary Cinema 11a Pre/Pro (outgoing) or the new Cinema 12 if budget allows. The Cary will be more in line performance wise with ur speakers. Also, the Cary will take ur system to the next level and beyond. They are known for 2 channel audio...and now hometheater. You get the best (almost) of both worlds. Otherwise, I would recommend the Pre/Pro from Marantz. Solid home theater and 2 channel. Good luck!
The Cary 11a is a great sounding prepro (I have not heard the 12) but both are not as capable for HT, particularly with regard to roomEQ. I would sooner suggest the Marantz matched with a decent analog preamp that has an HD passthrough, like the Parasound P7. That's the (near) best of both worlds.

Kal
Sparks81, I was waiting for someone to recommend a pre/pro that's more in line with my speakers. As I stated, I was hoping to obtain the sound quality I get with the Sim I-7 in 2 channel. The Sim will still power the front speakers in 5.1 but controlled by a good pre-pro.
Kr4, You stated both the 11a and 12 are not as capable in HT with regards to room eq. I'm not so concerned with room eq as with total sound quality especially in 5.1. As I stated, I'm using the Sim I-7 for 2 channel and driving the fronts in 5.1. Is the Marantz SQ as good as Cary?
It ain't just roomEQ but other features such as bass management that are, well, quirky. Since you are using the Simaudio for 2 channel and mch L/R, I would go with the Marantz, even for sound quality with digital sources.

Kal