A thin and elegant system?

If I add up the weight of everything in the front of my music room, it is over 500 pounds and pretty much fills a 16' wide wall. Don't get me wrong... it is all there for a reason and produces some wonderful sound, but it got me wondering if there was an alternative out there that was the opposite.

Minimalist, elegant, thin.

So that is the foundation of my question: What thin and elegant speakers do you know of that produce amazing sound?  What dac/amp/receiver that is outside of the standard component box shape?

I'd like to keep the cost of the entire system under $5K.

Thanks!

sarsicism
Depends on perspective...line array speakers are often very thin & tall, while planars just the opposite. 

Bel Canto was a good suggestion for small cabinet electronics. Really most of the class D amps these days are small (e.g. Rowland, Rogue, etc.) If you configure something like a Vinny Rossi LIO, you can get amp/pre/dac all in one box, feed it from a NAS in another room and some skinny speakers and there wouldn't be much to look at...Cheers,
Spencer
Yes the Bel Canto gear can solve that problem quite nicely.

Corner placement of speakers can work quite well in many cases and  is an additional way to free up space.
You could probably build a nice $6k system around the Essence electro stats ($3400ish pair) plus a sub, with modest electronics and source components.  The speaker is 4' tall by 5" deep and wide and produces excellent sound, tho little bottom end.
Ok I’ll play:

Goldmund Job INTegrated amplifier mated with Silverline Prelude Plus speakers.

The Job includes a DAC and the Prelude’s are 5” wide towers.

I’ve only listened to a much earlier version of the Prelude (not heard the Job).