Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
I heard a pair of Klipsch RP 280Fs yesterday that blew me away and at 98 db, you can run them with anything. They were used for $675, but saw on the Klipsch website you can get them for $479/ea with free shipping and 30 day return.
+3 for Vandersteen.
You should also check out Zu Audio. Used, you can find a nice pair for around $1K. I own the Union and the Omen Bookshelf, and am very pleased with the sound quality. (Though I would avoid some of the models with Ribbon Tweeter, they didn't last very long in production).
I agree with paraneer, you should go around to as many dealers and just listen. Once you find your 'sound', you will know where you want to go.
Oh yeah, the Zu's are super efficient and your NAD would have no problem powering them.
For less than $1000, if conventional box speakers along the line of Harbeth or Spendor might float your boat, ask John Strohbeen at OHM about a pair of refurbed OHM H speakers. These are available refurbed and updated with modern technology for same price as when they ruled in late 1970’s, about $900, and will kick butt with the right modern amp and source set up right.

Or possibly even a pair of similar model C2 ($700) or L ($500) if available.

You will need to place them on stands. I’d look at Isoacoustics brand stands on Amazon for a model large enough. Cost should be a mere $100 or so.
Just looked at Omen Mark II. Anybody have thoughts about them? They seem very efficient. Interesting approach with tweeter below driver. I appreciate all the input!