Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
While its a great little receiver, I would suggest you properly match your NAD receivers capability to whatever speakers you are interested in.  Its only 25 wpc into 8 ohms continuously and hardly a powerhouse.  I know - I had one years ago.

And while many of the speakers mentioned above are great suggestions, your NAD will struggle with several of them, especially the models with nominal impedance below 8 ohms.

I would only be looking at speakers with an impedance of 8 ohms and sensentivity ratings in the 90's.  Unless your planning on upgrading you NAD too.

And one last thing....go out and audition the speakers that will meet your budget and amps capabilities.  Speakers are the most subjective component of all and what sounds great to one person, may not to another. Your trying to find the best speaker for you and your needs.
I heard a pair of Klipsch RP 280Fs yesterday that blew me away and at 98 db, you can run them with anything. They were used for $675, but saw on the Klipsch website you can get them for $479/ea with free shipping and 30 day return.
+3 for Vandersteen.
You should also check out Zu Audio. Used, you can find a nice pair for around $1K. I own the Union and the Omen Bookshelf, and am very pleased with the sound quality. (Though I would avoid some of the models with Ribbon Tweeter, they didn't last very long in production).
I agree with paraneer, you should go around to as many dealers and just listen. Once you find your 'sound', you will know where you want to go.
Oh yeah, the Zu's are super efficient and your NAD would have no problem powering them.