SACD via HDMI on Oppo BDP95?

If I understand correctly there is no way to output the sacd datastream from the Oppo to any processor and have the signal remain in dsd. I am trying to understand what will happen if you play an sacd on the Oppo connected to a Classe Ssp800 or Krell S1200 via hdmi. I would love to hear from kr4 on this as I know he listens to a lot of multiple channel sacds. I want to be able to listen to sacds via hdmi even if they are down converted . Please help.
Most current receivers are HDMI 1.4 but will not decode DSD because they do not have the proper dacs to do so. The Sony 5400 receiver will decode dsd. Just because you are down converting dsd to pcm does not mean you are not getting true sacd surround sound. Actually the quality is quite good
Alan
I thought the only reason buy a $1000 BDP 95 rather than a $500 BDP 93 is for superior analog output, so external DSD processing would seem irrelevant.

db
db, that is true, but the OP specifically asks about SACD over HDMI to the Classe and Krell units, and it's clear that it aint going over as DSD, but rather PCM. As others have noted however, it seems PCM may be just as good as DSD. My question: is that true from anyone's experience?
Also, if the OPPO's Sabre DACs are so good, would SACD via multi-channel analog output from OPPO be better than DSD or PCM over HDMI to these two units? (guess it would be a battle of DACs and their respective implementation)
1. It is true from many people's experience but others differ. If you are expecting definitive proof, you will not find it.

2. Yes, it would depend on to what you connected the analog outputs and to what you connected the HDMI output. Note, however, that using the analog outputs precludes use of the DSP in the processor.

See my comments about this here: [url]http://www.stereophile.com/musicintheround/music_in_the_round_44/index.html[/url]