Speakers with warm treble and good bass

I've been on the hunt now for a several years, attempting to find speakers that match the criteria of having good bass and soft, warm treble output.  A good liquid midrange with good texture and timbre separation is another top priority.  The speakers I have owned and tried:

Paradigm Studio 60 v3
LSA 1 Standard Edition Monitors
Totem Staff
Golden Ear Triton 3
Vandersteen 2ce Sig ii
Tekton Pendragon
Acoustic Zen Adagio
Spatial Audio Hologram M3 Turbo S

Out of all of those, the most enjoyable due to warmest sound signature was the LSA 1 monitors.  Of course those were the most deficient in bass out of that entire list.  Contrary to that, the Golden Ear Triton 3 had the best bass (obviously, due to the built-in powered subs).  The Adagios had the best detail and least distortion, but were a bit too analytical in the end for my tastes.

So far, surprisingly, the speakers that seem to get the best blend of everything for my tastes have been the Paradigm Studio 60 v3.  These are not "reference level" speakers by any means, but they achieve a nice balance of detail, dynamics, bass, and have a surprisingly good midrange.  Unfortunately, the pesky metal dome tweeter has gotten on my last nerve during many listening sessions.  

I am trying to stay in the price range of the aforementioned speakers.  What suggestions do you all have for speakers that can meet this criteria for a smooth, dynamic, and warm sound?

Thanks
jwglista
Based on your requirements, I highly recommend trying to audition the Epos Elan or Epic series. The speakers do have a somewhat utilitarian look, but they are extremely good for their modest price.

I own a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8s and use them with a Rogue Audio Sphinx. The MAs do have a warm treble despite being metal dome, and they do resolve a little more detail than the Epos, but the Epos are considerably more musical. I own a pair of Epos Epic 2s as well. They are such great speakers that I can't imagine ever getting rid of them. They also have better bass than many small floor standers, despite being bookshelves. EPOS speakers are rated at 4 ohm, but for practical purposes, they're closer to 6 ohms. You could probably get away with running them off the 8 ohm taps of your Cronus with no issues.
I have two suggestions, both of which are no longer made.  Since you will be forced to buy used you will be getting a super value!

1. Aerial 10t - Just a fantastic all around speaker.  You should pay about $2,000 for a pair in good condition.  Requires lots of power to get the best performance.

2.  Sonus Faber Luito -  very warm, almost romantic sound with good solid base for its size.  Much more recent than the Aerial.  Expect to pay around $2,500 for some in excellent condition.

We seem to be having a similar problem with speakers I've been going through many over the last few years.  I really regret selling my ProAc's response 2.5's and they did everything your looking for probably the best speaker I have owned in regards to just enjoying music great bass great  mids and a tweeter that didn't kill you.  I hear thier newer stuff is quite good. I've tried the AudioNote ANe's and liked them but traded them as I just wasn't listening to music as much as I thought I should. I'm currently enjoying some Living Voice Avatar 2's but they are quite expensive in the US/Canada. I have heard as some one else mentions the PMC twenty series and they are quite nice but could be a bit too detailed. I tried some Devour gibbon 8's and found them tiring and to be honest heard them directly beside some Dyna's and the Dynaudios were much smoother and enjoyable. I would look for some used Proac's still miss them the most for their musicality and the ability to play deep base
I must also mention that I was surprised at a couple speakers you mentioned as being too bright. I agree that evaluating room acoustics is a good idea. 

One thing I've noticed about metal dome tweeters, however good or warm, is that they always sound more analytical than fabric domes. IMO, any metal dome tweeter is going to sound less musical overall compared to a fabric dome. This is just my personal experience. I think people often associate their analytical sound with brightness. I do like some metal dome tweeters, though only because I'm a bit of a detail whore.