Flat Screen Recommendations: 50 to 60 inch

I'll consider any option, LCD, Plasma, "internet" TVs, etc.
Just want something that will look good out of the box. We watch DVD movies, stream from a Roku box, and news and a few stupid shows from cable TV. Will get less than 10 hours a week of play time. Interested in all opinions and experiences with current models.
Thank you in advance.
smwdrtwin
Looked at them all. The best one for the money IMO is Samsung's PNC8000 63" plasma. It does make a little buzzing from the front of the screen though.

Many other TVs are good too but Samsung's new line will be very hard to beat at any realistic prices. Pioneer Elite and Panasonic's new ones are pretty good too. But the samsung is cheaper. Bought mine for $2500 and it came with a free blu ray player and 3d glasses (3d is a novelty IMO but it was "free").
I watched the Superbowl on a friend's Samsung LED backlit LCD set. It was excellent for the game, but we then watched Glee and the picture was just plain weird and, I think, wrong. It had that videotape quality that the soap operas have, or used to have back when. My friend said they got used to it, but I'm not sure I'd want to. Don't buy one of these sets until you spend some time watching a variety of programming on it and are comfortable that you like the way the picture looks. For me, I'll stick with plasma.
Dont skimp on size, my viewing distance is about 10 feet and we love our Samsung 63 inch Plasma, the Panasonic plasma viera line are highly recommended by home theater magazine's last TV review
good luck on your search.
Yea go buy a Smsung if you can put up with excess buzzing noise and a artificial picture..............great deal!