Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
To whom it may concern

Because I am a contributor to this thread dealing with a product marketed by Synergistic Research, I have decided to list some of my equipment so that readers can see the extent of my involvement with Synergistic Research. I am doing this because I believe (I might be wrong) there a lot of the skepticism attached to many products marketed by Synergistic Research.

Power Cables:              Home made (4)
                                      Audience     (2)
                                     High Diamond    (1)

Interconnect Cables:       Audioquest "Chetah"  
                                        High Diamond "Platinum"

Loudspeaker:                 Synergistic Research  "Element Copper"

Grounding Block:           Synergistic Research

Fuses:                            Synergistic Research - "RED" 4
                                        Synergistic Research - "BLACK" 3    

It is not my policy to use cable looms from any single manufacturer. I will      audition cables from three credible manufacturers and Purchase the one that gives the best results at that particular location. For example, I am will probably purchase an interconnect later this year to replace the 10 year Audioquest Cheetah between my Sony SACD Player and my McCormack LD 2 preamp. My budget is to not exceed $2000.  I will audition Audioquest 'Wind", Synergistic Research "Atmosphere level 3" and also another Wywires "Platinum" interconnect. 

mapman

In an earlier post of even date I asked you to post opinions you have posted in this thread that is substantive or insightful. Here is your response:

"I have been an "audiophile" for 40 years myself and have found little value in genral in very expensive tweaks marketed specifically to audiophiles compared to other comparable high quality products."

You are unable to refer to any of your earlier posts that meets this basic requirement.I am now obliged to ask "why do you post on this thread?
nyame ...

On the IC replacement later this year; I'd highly recommend that you also audition one from Von Gaylord Audio. A one meter pair is right there at your budget limit. Fantastic products. Very neutral, musical and tonally correct.  

http://vongaylordaudio.com/beta/cabling/

OP
Oregonpapa

Thanks. Now this is an example of an insightful post. Got it Mapman?

The greatest audiophile I know of, is Peter Moncrief and he reviewed the Chinchilla a long time ago in his quarterly magazine IAR. I learned so much from this great man. In fact he is why I purchased my McCormack preamp and my Odyssey khartao extreme power amp. He taught me about the value of passive components (caps, resisters, diodes, wire and so on. My son now builds his own tube traps from information made available by Peter Moncrief.  Sometime around 1985 I was among a group of  audiophiles who decided to build a preamp designed by Professor Marshall Leak of the Georgea Institute of technology. Although each of us was building the same circuit as published in Audio magazine we used different parts from a range of manufactures. Because I subscribed to IAR, then called an "under ground" mag I was aware of the best sounding film capacitors ("wonder caps" ), the best sounding resistors ("resista" resistors from Germany] and Signal transformers from the USA.  preamps.

He was a great fan of McCormack products and described the Mccormack preamp as a solid state preamp that even tube lovers could love. He also said similar good things about the Odyssey power amp of the day.  He
loved the Von Gaylord Chinchilla interconnect so much that he rated it above all other interconnects regardless of price. I will not purchase any cable without a prior audition, but if this option is available I will certainly give it an audition. Have you been able to audition the current Chinchilla? If so perhaps you could write a few words on what you heard.

nyname if you really care my posts are all here for you to read and determine if any are insightful or not. Why would you need me to tell you which ones are substantive or insightful? So you can tell me they are not? Only you can determine what adds value or not for you.

If you have specific questions or things you want to discuss  just ask.   I'll be happy to respond.