Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Thank you jond for looking and sending that listing. My cables are Standard Diamond series which is a bit higher up than the Micro (and thus more costly). If you think that there is synergy in having the same interconnect as speaker cable, I could look around and see what is out there. But, if I am going to change speaker cable down the road, do you think it might be better to start with a different interconnect and work from there? Since with the interconnects I am starting from scratch? Maybe there is a CC Diamond interconnect for sale. It is a bright and lively cable. I did hear it against Nordost, which sounded heavier and darker, if that makes any sense. But I have not heard any other cables. In my 'old' system I had AudioQuest cables (that looked a lot like garden hoses). 

What do you think?
If you think that there is synergy in having the same interconnect as speaker cable, I could look around and see what is out there.
Opinions are divided on that question, which involves what is often referred to as "loom theory."  For example, see the following threads:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/what-about-loom-theory

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/power-cord-brands-mixing-quot-your-opinions-quot

(The second thread initially focused just on power cords, but eventually broadened in scope to address all cables).

As you'll see, I happen to be one of those who do not subscribe to that theory, for the reasons I stated in the threads.

Best,
-- Al

rinpoche

There is nothing that necessarily requires your changing your speaker cables down the road aside from if you don't like the sound with your new equipment. If I interpreted an earlier post correctly it seems like you auditioned the equipment under consideration at American Sounds; if so then you either also auditioned, Kimber , Audioquest ,Transparent, or Ansuz , those are the cables the website indciates it carries. Would suggest again that you consider asking the dealer what he had hooked up with the equipment you listened to. 
Well, used listings for interconnects are a bit daunting, but if you help me de-mystify the field I might be able to pick up something quite decent used.

Here are my questions:
1.) should i try to find a used Crystal Cable to create a synergy with my speaker cable?
2.) should i start from scratch with the interconnect and then use that as a frame of reference if and or when I try other speaker cables farther down the road?
3.) what do you think of these current used cables:

a.  synergistic research tesla series precision reference XLR 4.5 feet $800 
b.  there is a tara labs ISM XLR interconnect for $875 but then in the very next listing a TARA LABS Zero Gold for $8000 (demo). so that is it I am seeing at 875? something very very old?
c.  Silnote Morpheus Reference II for 495

There is this whole combination of things with Synergistic Research (speaker cables, interconnect, etc.) called Galileo -- though the interconnects are RCA, can they be re-terminated XLR or is that a crazy question? And it has bananas whereas I am using spades? ETC. 

Or, any other advice would be so wonderful. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!! You are the best. 
rinpoche I was seeing that cable as an easy relatively low cost way to get you started and listen before you blew big bucks on a pair of interconnects. Also an advantage of buying cables use is the good old audition and flip, buy, listen, evaluate, and resell if the cable doesn't suit. A break even proposition and a great way to evaluate cables in your own system. Cheers!