Pioneer SA9100 & TX9100 repair near McLean VA? (Worth it?)

Hi, my neighbor's husband recently passed away and left her with a number of interesting pieces of vintage gear. Included are the following: Pioneer SA-9100 amp (a beauty) and Pioneer TX-9100. I smoke tested both, but stopped because the amp failed to output anything other than background noise and an exceedingly weak signal to my sacrificial speakers (known to be good).

I'd like to get an estimate for repair of both (also looking at re-capping/mods), preferably local to avoid shipping. In my opinion, both of these have a very nice look and feel, and some great features. I just don;t know what they sound like "fixed" or "modded".

Do you think these are worthwhile repairing? 

Do you have a suggestion for a repair person who is familiar with these?

Thanks!

128x128vicweast
i had the (lower model) sa7100 for a long time and preferred it to comparable sansui and yamaha (tho not as much as harman kardon)--my recollection was that the preamp section was excellent, the amp section less so. (can't speak to the tx-9100 tuner, tho it seems to be pretty well regarded on fmtunerinfo). as for whether they're worth restoring, at the modest prices these command i'd personally be more inclined to invest in  already-restored units  than to tackle the uncertainty of refurbishing a non-functional one (or alternatively, to sell 'em for parts and invest in a monster receiver like the sx1050, which are more sought-after and collectible).
Thanks for all the feedback. I explained the situation to my neighbor and I then sold both units to HiFi Heaven in Falls Church, VA. He will restore them and sell them. My neighbor no longer has them sitting around, and instead she has a check for a modest sum...
I think your neighbor made a wise decision.  Good for you for helping her out.
Post removed 
I just dropped off my sa9100 at a little hole-in-the-wall shop in Williamsburg, VA (Action Electronics).  The owner impressed me with his knowledge and repair ethics, along with the fact that he's been doing this since the early 70's.

I brought my Pioneer out to play after becoming dissolutioned by the sound of my new phono preamp.  After a few minutes of listening to the sa9100, I was happy as a clam listening to my LPs!  Sadly, after about an hour of play I started losing my right channel.  At that point I realized that I would pay whatever it took to totally refurbish this piece.

Looking forward to getting 'her' back for many more glorious hours of ear candy.  😊