FR64s & Orsonic Av-1s Effective mass ?

Hi Good folks!

I have an FR 64s with original headshell. Have ordered an Orsonic Av-1s/ 10 grams, to meet better compliance/ resonnance matching with higher compliance cartridges.

Any idea what the effective mass will be with this combination?

Would be funny to try for example how my London Decca Super Gold would work with this arm..😀

geddyen
Dear @analogluvr :  Audio world must lives with distortions and yes I love distortions as you too but difference is what kind of distortions makes less harm to the MUSIC and to what is recorded in the LP grooves.

I'm sure that you love diferent kind of distortions than me as many of other audiophiles. That's the main subject.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
"FR adjustable VTA base" = B60, to which I referred.  Using it has the non-obvious advantage of adding mass to the arm by virtue of its close coupling to the vertical shaft of the arm proper.  To add even much more mass, I created an aluminum arm board that is in turn connected to a second massive piece of aluminum bolted to the bottom of the plinth, via a half-inch diameter bolt that joins the two.  So, from the headshell all the way to the mount, there is solid metal which should facilitate the transfer of energy away from the cartridge.  This could be just mental masturbation on my part, but it does sound good, and I hear none of the problems cited by Raul.  In fact, the outstanding characteristic of the sound is that it is very "clean", no evidence of a resonant signature in the treble or anywhere else. But I do take Raul's comments seriously, because he is a careful listener, albeit he listens to a system quite different from mine. (By the way, I too am using a light weight headshell; I think it's magnesium.  The cartridge right now is an Acutex with very high compliance; I was expecting the worst from this combo but got something great.)

rauliruegas " ... yes I love distortions as you too ... I’m sure that you love diferent kind of distortions than me as many of other audiophiles ... "

Raul, it’s certainly fine that you love distortion, but it’s really presumptuous of you to speak for others and state that they love distortion, too.

Many of us have worked to minimize or eliminate distortion in our system. For some of us, that’s the whole point.

But this may explain why you don’t like the FR-64s pickup arm. It can be a very neutral pickup arm, relatively. You’re missing those euphonic distortions that you crave.
Dear @cleeds :   """  but it’s really presumptuous of you to speak for others and state that they love distortion, too. """

No it's not. As I said in my post till today we have no altenative but live with distortions. Like it this fact or not.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

rauliruegas" ... As I said in my post till today we have no altenative but live with distortions. Like it this fact or not."

Pardon me, Raul, but you stated, " I love distortions as you too ... I’m sure that you love diferent kind of distortions." That is profoundly presumptuous on your part. Please speak for yourself. Please don’t tell me what to think, what to love, or pretend that you know me better than I may know myself. Please.

That fact is, Raul, that you have enough trouble here just explaining yourself. Perhaps you should focus on that, rather than trying to divine the positions of others who you know absolutely nothing about.