Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Also, waiting to hear some suggestions for amp/pre-amp pairings? If this is a viable alternative to the VAC integrated + DAC and the Rowland DAC and 625 in the same price range. 
Rinpoche, to a some extent price is not an indicator of quality.  Both the VAC and the Rowlands are truly premium quality products that charge premium prices.  I'm not going to argue that you could match or exceed their sound quality at a substantially lower price, but I do argue that you can achieve the sound qualities you desire at a lower price.  You would have to do a side by side comparison to uncover the "lesser" components and fortunately long term happiness doesn't involve side by side comparisons.

Specifically, both Rowland and Ayre make integrated solid state amps in the $10k area.  Pass, Hegel and BAT make solid state power amps in the $5-8k range.  RAM makes a wonderful tube power amp at $5k.  Grace, Mytek, Esoteric (Teac), MSB and Bricasti make great quality DACs that can all be used as preamps at a lower cost than the Rowland.

These are my opinions, so take them for what they are.  From you post it sounds like you have good ears -- ultimately you should trust them.
That is excellent. The recommendations are all very good. I will try to see if we have dealers in the area that carry those brands. I did listen to the Rowland integrated and it didn't have the same beauty as the 625 (which really does compete with the VAC -- except minus that little tube magic I have been referring to). I have heard very good things about the Hegel and some of the other DACS you mentioned. Great idea. Thanks!
I went from a Bricasti M1 DAC to an Aeris DAC. In my system the Aeris is more detailed without being bright, but I agree the M1 is very good.
Considering your opening short list you're getting terrific advise from some of the most respected people who frequent this site. 

You mentioned the possibility of using this gear for TV or Home Theater. The quality and service history of both manufactures is without question.

I strongly suggest you carefully consider just how much TV you and your family watch. Typically, it's usually much more than you think. A current $300 receiver and a set of Elac speakers will convey all the fidelity 99% of whats broadcasted and you won't ever worry if it's accidentally left on.