Getting Personal Property Insurance for your rig.

I just had an Allstate agent tell me that he's sorry, but they're unable to insure my "$120k stereo".

Do any of you have personal property insurance protecting your system against fire/theft/etc?

If so, how did you go about getting it and who did you go with?

Has anybody had to file a claim?
fliz
Read your policy. Most homeowners policies don't cover things such as LPs, CDs, or computer software. They typically don't cover art, jewelry beyond a small limit or anything business related.

It's absolutely worth the effort to be sure that what you need protected is, indeed, covered under the policy. That way, if you have a claim, there should be no ambiguity. That's been my experience.
If your policy DOES cover LP's, get an appraisal of your collection by a local rare record dealer in writing.
Heh.. I'm not a homeowner.  I'm trying to get personal property insurance as a renter.  

Anybody have any recommendations for an independent insurance agent in the SF Bay area?
Be sure to take plenty of pictures, copies of receipts for equipment and cables. Try to get independent appraisal of your LP collection if possible.
State farm told me no but I pressed my agent. I did get the personal property bumped up but they would not add a separate rider.