Spotify Premium vs Tidal ... opinions?

50's,60,s be-bop jazz, movie themes, vocals, old rock (Cream, Doors, King Crimson)...(newer rock AC DC, Led Zeppelin)

amps... Quicksilver 90 Watt Silver monos, Quicksilver LS preamp

speakers... Fritz prototype stand mounts, ScanSpeak 5" Illuminator mid/bass & ScanSpeak 9700 tweeters, Skylan stands... 12x15 room

dac... Musical Fidelity M1 A

Thanks
zoot45
wrm57:

I do like the Synergistic Research Black fuse the best - highest price. Their original Synergistic Research Sr-20 also does improve the sound. The Black comes with a 30 day trial (not sure if you can trial the SR-20).

High End Electronics , Apple Valley Calif., and The Cable Company, New Hope , Pen. are both on line sellers. Give either a call.

Enjoy.

David Pritchard
Is it just me, or are the newer releases on Tidal way superior sounding to the older titles (say 80's music).

Post removed 
I've been using Tidal for about three months now and find the Hifi version sounds better than any other streaming service I've tried, including Spotify Premium.  The hifi version does have fewer selections than the standard version, but for the most part I am OK with this.  
Tidal has quite a few titles in MQA, which to my ears sounds better than CD quality.  Hopefully they will continue to add more MQA titles. 

I currently have the fastest possible service from Comcast and do not experience issues with the sound dropping like I did before I upgraded to the faster speed.  I also run an ethernet cable directly from my router to my network player.  I am also using Roon to manage my library, and find this sounds a lot better than JRiver, though it does cost a lot more.  
One thing to consider when evaluating the cost of Tidal vs other services:  they offer a family version of the hifi service for $30/month.  I currently use Tidal at both of my business locations, so to me this cost is a bargain, as I can stream Tidal from up to 5 different devices.  I gave my son and daughter a login as well, since they are always bugging me to pay for Apple Music.  At only $6/user/month that's a lot of music value.