Determining current flow to install "audiophile" fuses.

There are 4 fuses in my Odyssey Stratos amp. I recently returned some AMR fuses because they rolled off the highs and lows a little too much for me. Mids were excellent though. Anyway, I'm getting ready to try the Hi-Fi Tuning Classic Gold fuses, as they are on clearance now for $10/ea. Are they any good? However, I have read that they are a directional fuse? Can anyone confirm this? If that is the case, does anyone know the current flow for the Odyssey Stratos? Or, does anyone know how figure out current flow by opening up the top and looking at the circuitry? 

jsbach1685
Czarivey wrote,

"Most of sciences can be easily checked and challenged with elementary math equations. Poor education = strong police and army = lots of wars = lots of dummies that willing to spend money on various type of unnecessary cwap = resisting a free education by all possible means."

Newton’s First Law (Inertia): an object will continue along in the same direction at the same speed unless acted on by an outside force.

F = 0

dv/dt = 0

;-)

cheers,

Geoff Kait
machina dramatica
no goats no glory

In terms of Newton's Inertia law with applied theory of limits:
If consumed lots of calories of bs per second, i agree it’s very hard to get rid of those calories. Under Inertia law one will continue consuming bs even if no external force is applied.

Czarivey wrote,

"In terms of Newton's Inertia law with applied theory of limits:
If consumed lots of calories of bs per second, i agree it’s very hard to get rid of those calories. Under Inertia law one will continue consuming bs even if no external force is applied."

Apparently somebody's been consuming a lot of Bunnahabhain Scotch (bs).

Geoff,

We’re in agreement that a shielded interconnect presents two variables which are potentially at odds with each other - the recommended directionality based on the which end the shield is grounded to vs. the grain orientation of the wire.

In bringing up shielded interconnects, I saw no mention of them earlier in this thread. It’s entirely possible my mind was numbed from reading it. I’ll take that as a hint that it’s potentially making me stupid and I’ll get back to my amplifier project before further damage ensues.

Thom @ Galibier Design
Thom, no harm, no foul. These guys beat you to the punch in this thread. The shielding argument is probably the leading argument used by skeptics of wire directionality. Followed closely by oxidation on contacts removed during test, placebo effect, expectation bias and a change in house AC voltage.

Atmasphere: "There can be reasons why a cable has directionality (mostly having to do with how the shield is constructed; this has nothing to do with fuses)."

Mapman: "Right my understanding is the reason the Monster wires are directional as indicated is because of the shield implementation. That’s pretty much the only reason that I have read of. My MIT wires have no indicators and I can’t say if it matters or not there. Fuses are a different story. Most high end audio fuse makers seem to leave a lot to the end listener’s imagination."

Georgelofi: "Yes you are correct some interconnects can be directional, ones that have +&- conductors with a shield, that’s only connected at one end, that end should be at poweramp.

But fuses are not shielded. And I still ask you or anyone else to post any manufacturers ad/doc that SAYS they are directional. "It’s all VOODOO" that you are promoting."

Cheers,

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica