Shopping for a preamp

I’m in the market for a preamp. I use a Rogue Cronus Magnum Integrated. I have been looking at phono-pre’s which is fine if I use my integrated as a line stage and power amp. I am also thinking long term so I may be best suited to buy a preamp with built in pre and add a power amp down the road. Budget is between $2,500-$4K.

I've had my eye on:

Herron VTPH2
Whest Three Signature
ARC DSPre
Pass Labs XP-15

I welcome all recommendations on those listed above as well as for other phono-pre’s or for a preamp with built in phono-pre.

My set-up:

Rogue Cronus Magnum
Zu Soul MkII
VPI Scout 1.1
Soundsmith Zephyr MkII
Zu Cabling
asp307
Add ModWright LS100 with phono to your shortlist if you're looking for a full function preamp.
Don't overlook the Audible Illusions Modulas 3A or 3B, depending on cartridge preference you can go with the all tube phone or the John Curl phono boards if you want to drive lower output moving coils.

I have the Herron VTPH-2 and it is an excellent unit along with Keith providing great support. I have not heard the other units you mention. He usually offers a trial so you can listen to it in your system which is very important. I had a ARC reference (forget the exact model; $9600 list) on loan from the local ARC dealer and the Herron was very competitive with the ARC.

Good Luck
Chuck
@czbbcl what do you like about the Herron? I am looking for a 3D image, lowered noise floor, etc. thanks for the insight.